Prerequisite coursework varies by program. So be sure to check the specific requirements of schools where you want to apply.
Some MSOT programs require math and/or statistics. We recommend that you take at least one math course and one course in statistics. Note that Math 112 is a prerequisite for Chem 103. The statistics course can be taken in your major department.
Choose one of the following:
- Chemistry 103
- Chemistry 108
Choose one of the following sequences:
- Zoology 101-102
- Biology 151-152
- Biocore: Students must apply to enroll in Biocore. For more information, visit their website.
- Biocore 381-382 Evolution, Ecology and Genetics lecture/lab
- Biocore 383-384 Cellular Biology lecture/lab
- Biocore 485-486 Organismal Biology lecture/lab
- Biocore 587 Biological Interactions
Anatomy & Physiology
- Kinesiology/Anatomy 337
- Kinesiology/Anatomy 338 lab required by some programs including UW-Madison’s
- Physiology 335 or 435
- Introductory Psychology: Psych 202
- Abnormal Psychology: Psych 509
- Adult and Child Development may both be required, choose from:
- Child Development: HDFS 362, Ed Psych 320, or Psych 560
- Adult Development: HDFS 363 or Psych 564
- Childhood through Adolescence: Ed Psych 320 & 321 or Ed Psych 331
Some programs may also require coursework in the following areas:
- Medical terminology
- Check individual school requirements for more information.