Curious about a career in healthcare? Unsure of where to start when it comes to learning more about specific careers? Want to learn more about the professions that make up an interprofessional healthcare team? This page shares examples of events across campus that can help you learn more and find ways to engage and build experiences to help you on your journey. It’s not an exhaustive list, so make sure to subscribe to the CPHA newsletter to learn about additional events and opportunities.
We also recommend taking a look at CPHA’s Exploring Healthcare Careers page which offers reflection questions and resources that can help. Meet with CPHA to talk with an advisor about what you discover!
Healthcare Careers without Medical School
February 28 @ 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Attend this virtual panel to learn more about healthcare professions that don’t require medical school. You’ll learn from current graduate students and practitioners in a variety of programs to understand their career paths and the requirements to apply. Career paths you can learn about include Surgical Technologists, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer/Ultrasound Technicians, Radiologic Technicians & Assistants, Anesthesiology Assistants, and Cytotechnologists!
- In the first 30 minutes, attendees will hear from each of our panelists with an overview of their profession, career path and current role or program.
- Then we will split into breakout rooms for the remainder of event to learn more about program requirements with time for student questions.
- Students will be encouraged to rotate to at least 2-3 breakout rooms to learn about different health professions.
*Sponsored by Successworks, the Center for Pre-Health Advising, & the Biology Major
Public Service Fair
The Public Service Fair is taking place at Gordon Commons on Tuesday, Jan. 31, 3-6pm.
The Public Service Fair is a great opportunity for students to connect with organizations to:
– Get involved with and give back to the local community
– Explore career areas of interest
– Gain real-world experience with different roles and populations
Come learn about local area nonprofits doing work in social impact and public service. Organizations in attendance are eager to connect with students to grow awareness, to find volunteers, and to offer internship and service-year opportunities. Several summer camps will also be in attendance to share about summer work/internship opportunities! There are many different types of organizations and levels of engagement – so you can find something that fits with your interests and schedule!
Over 50 organizations will be attending the Public Service Fair!
Some different areas represented include:
– service/gap year programs
– education/summer camps
– vulnerable populations
Want to learn about organizations before the fair or can’t attend the in-person event?
- Check out our Flipgrid site to see videos about organizations attending the fair and opportunities available: https://flipgrid.com/90a4490d
- Register for the Public Service Fair on Handshake to see the list of organizations attending and navigate to their pages within Handshake.