Hate, bias, violence, and sexual violence are serious health issues that lead to destructive health outcomes. Know how to report an incident.
Please learn how below.
And please be informed. Know how microaggressions, overt aggression, and other social determinants affect health (e.g., housing, education, income inequality). And know what you can do about it. Learn more below.
Have you experienced racism, bias, violence, or sexual violence?
In the event of an incident, Academic affairs deans will help with late drops, tuition reimbursement, and communicating with faculty.
- UW – Madison Dean of Students Office
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Office of Academic Affairs
- Wisconsin School of Business Leadership Team
- School of Education Academic Dean’s Office
- College of Engineering Leadership Team
- Graduate School Office of Admissions and Academic Services
- School of Human Ecology Student Academic Affairs and Career Development Office
- Undergraduate College of Letters and Science Academic Deans’ Services
- School of Pharmacy Deans’ Offices
- School of Social Work Contacts
learn how social determinants affect health
Resources from the American Public Health Association on health equity -- what it is and how to achieve it
Resources from the American Public Health Association on racism, hate, and public health
Resources from the Health Disparities Office of the American Psychological Association
Resources from the American Psychological Association on racism, discrimination, physical & mental health
Resources from the American Psychological Association on LGBTQ+ health
Resources from the American Psychological Association on intersections of socioeconomic status, other dimensions of identity, and health
Resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on sexual violence and violence prevention
Resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on disability inclusion
Resources from the American Public Health Association on social determinants of health