The following is a general guide for courses you may need to apply to OT school. Requirements vary from school to school. So, it is always necessary to consult the websites of OT schools where you know/think you want to apply.
Some MSOT programs require math and/or statistics. We recommend that you take at least one math course and one course in statistics. Note that Math 112 is a prerequisite for Chem 103. The statistics course can be taken in your major department.
Choose one of the following sequences:
- Zoology 101-102
- Biology 151-152
- Biocore: Students must apply to enroll in Biocore. For more information, visit their website.
- Biocore 381-382 Evolution, Ecology and Genetics lecture/lab
- Biocore 383-384 Cellular Biology lecture/lab
- Biocore 485-486 Organismal Biology lecture/lab
- Biocore 587 Biological Interactions
Anatomy & Physiology
- Kinesiology/Anatomy 337
- Kinesiology/Anatomy 338 lab required by some programs (including UW-Madison’s)
- Physiology 335 or 435
- Introductory Psychology: Psych 202
- Abnormal Psychology: Psych 405
- Adult and Child Development may both be required, choose from:
- Child Development: HDFS 362, Ed Psych 320, or Psych 460
- Adult Development: HDFS 363 or Psych 464
- Childhood through Adolescence: Ed Psych 320 & 321 or Ed Psych 331
Some programs may also require coursework in the following areas:
- Medical terminology
- Check individual school requirements for more information.