Getting involved with a student organization is a great way to connect with students who have the goals and interests that you have, to gain leadership and teamwork skills, and to find volunteer, research, and job opportunities.
Check out the Wisconsin Involvement Network to search for organizations that might pique your interest! If you search with keywords like “health,” “occupation,” a specific health issue, or the health profession that you want to pursue, the WIN (Wisconsin Involvement Network) will generate a list of some great options for you to learn more about.
The list of organizations below will also help you begin thinking about student orgs that may be a good fit for you. You don’t need to be involved in a student org. Not everyone has the time or interest. However, if it is of interest to you, learn more!
- AHANA (African, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American) Pre-Health Society
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED Pre-medical Honor Society)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- American Women’s Medical Association
- Aspiring Nurses Association
- Aspiring Physician Assistant Association
- Be The Match On Campus
- CALS Health and Research Society
- Cardiac on Campus
- Community Health Volunteers of Madison (CHVM)
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Health Professions Society
- Pre-Dental Society
- Pre-Pharmacy Club
- Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- Pre-Student Osteopathic Medical Association (Pre-SOMA)
- Pre-Veterinary Association
- Promoting Recognition of Identity, Dignity, and Equality (PRIDE) in Healthcare – Undergraduates
- Professional Association of Latinos for Medical School Access (PALMA)
- Wisconsin Medical Society, Pre-Medical Chapter